Monday 20 February 2012

How to keep your Volkswagen Alive...


I thought I'd just take a moment to share this amazing book with you! My dear old Dad bought this for me when I first got Arty and it has helped me with my understandings of how my little bug works, and to top it off, every diagram is hand drawn! How incredible is that?
It's full of step-by-step procedures for everything that a VW owner (with no mechanics qualifications) can do themselves, and also tips on how to look after your car and treat it right. Whenever the instructions refer you to a diagram, because they are hand drawn, you only see the bit you need to look at which is brilliant for me because I'd just get lost in all the bits around whatever I was trying to do- cue the brain fry!
I've included the full diagram of the air-cooled engine above, because it's absolutely brilliant!
If you're like me, own a VW and can be a bit ditsy with it, then you need to get your paws on a copy of this book, it's so clear and encourages you to take control of what goes on with your car- there are even some little reassurances for the times your VeeDub is being a true b***ard!...

No comments:

Post a Comment