Wednesday 8 February 2012

Mmm...Juicy!


There's not been much to update you on over the last few days, however I thought I'd share the oil changing experience that today brought. This was the first oil change Arty has had over the period he's been running (end of November 2011) and I don't even know when the last time was- fellow Volksies, I hear your gasps! The oil that came out of the sump, very much resembled black paint! (I included a little photo of what it looked like in the top right corner). Anyway, it's all been flushed out and some lovely Morris SAE30 motor oil fed in- and Arty sounded appreciative when I drove him later. 
I also realised today that I haven't yet posted a photo of the engine! It's not the cleanest or tidiest, but I think it's fair to say that it is SIGNIFICANTLY better now! It was taken out, cleaned and painted about a year and a half ago, so I don't think it's looking too shabby. I've got some chips in the fly wheel and the fan, but nothing too major. 


I'll end end this post with a brief rant about other drivers. Please note: Getting closer and closer to the back of my car will NOT make me go any faster! (you know who you are!) Just overtake me when it's safe. 
Sorry, be happy! 

No comments:

Post a Comment