Saturday 18 February 2012

Ooh chilly!


Since my last post (looming deadlines got in the way for a sooner update) we have seen the plague that is snow! It crept in when I was least expecting it and I didn't get a chance to put the over over Arty so he got a little coating :( Typically, the wire brush is to make an appearance soon as the snow decided to turn my exhaust that orangey colour we hate so much!
The problem with the starter motor connection hit a new low on my way to uni on thursday, I stalled on the huge roundabout in Blackwater and (of course) couldn't get started again because it had come off! Fortunately a very lovely young man in the Polo behind me saw a damsel in distress and was willing to help me :) he moved his car and helped me push Arty to a safe(ish) place so I could reconnect it. Luckily all size 8/ 5'3" of me is able to wriggle under the car without having to get the jack out! Then, to enhance the embarrassment, a guy driving one of those ambulance car things (you know, the little ones) stopped behind while I was under the car and was saying to my rescuer that he had to stay there until I was done. I only took 5 minutes so it wasn't too bad, and I didn't get told off so it was ok :)
So Mystery Man, if you ever happen to stumble across this blog then thank you so much!


Anyway, I'm now armed with some new spades and a crimping tool so this issue can be sorted! Then I will hopefully not have to worry about it for a long time...

No comments:

Post a Comment